Disney On Ice: Mickey’s Search Party is a unique and family friendly show full of acrobatics and special effects you won’t soon forget!
This post is sponsored by Disney On Ice. All thoughts and opinions are 100% mine.
We got to see Worlds of Enchantment last November as a family, but I decided to take just the two older kids (ages 8 and 6) with me this time around. Mickey’s Search Party is the third Disney On Ice show we’ve seen and we weren’t disappointed!
Before the show started, we were able to go to a Coco themed pre-show event where the kids got to make tissue paper flowers, color small chipboard ukuleles and meet Tinker Bell! My oldest was especially excited about meeting her because when we’ve been to Disneyland, we’ve missed seeing her there.
The show started with pirates who stole Tinker Bell’s wand and locked her up in a lantern. Mickey and friends came out to try and solve the clues that would help get the magic meter full and set Tinker Bell free. Each clue was from a different Disney movie. The characters from that movie came out and did a scene or two from the movie.
This was different from the other Disney On Ice shows I’ve seen where they do more of a reenactment of a few Disney movies. I loved how interactive each part of the show was! It was fun to get the audience more involved and the length of each segment really kept the kids attention.
Something else that was different from other Disney On Ice shows I’ve seen was the amount of acrobatics and special effects incorporated into the show. There were fireworks, snow, bubbles, trampolines, aerial stunts and of course, fantastic skating, that had the audience cheering the entire time.
Disney On Ice: Mickey’s Search Party is one of two shows to feature Coco (the other is Dream Big). They had some really incredible effects in this part of the show that were really unique! I also loved the interactive screen that was the backdrop of the show as well as the projections they did on the ice (the one for Moana was so amazing!).
I would absolutely recommend Mickey’s Search Party for a fun family night. The shorter scenes and big variety of colors, effects and characters will keep everyone engaged.
What are all the Disney On Ice Shows?
- Worlds of Enchantment: See the Disney•Pixar’s Cars crew race across the ice; dive into undersea fun with The Little Mermaid’s Ariel; join the adventures of Buzz, Woody, and the Toy Story gang; and journey with Anna, Elsa and Olaf of Disney’s Frozen to discover true love! (You can find my full review here.)
- Mickey’s Search Party: Join Mickey and friends in an adventure filled with world-class skating, high-flying acrobatics and unexpected stunts! Follow Captain Hook’s treasure map in the search for Tinker Bell through immersive, fantastic worlds as the search party becomes an all-out celebration. Explore the spirit realm of Coco, sail away with Moana, sing-along with Elsa and so much more!
- Dream Big: Believing is just the beginning as Disney On Ice presents Dream Big! Miguel follows his musical aspirations through the Land of the Dead, Moana and Maui restore the heart of Te Fiti, Anna and Elsa save their kingdom and the Disney Princesses inspire with stories of strength and kindness.
- Celebrate Memories: Your favorite Disney stories come to life as you thaw a frozen heart with Elsa, sail along with Moana, dance with the Toy Story friends and feel inspired by the Disney Princesses.
- Road Trip Adventures: Exciting twists and turns await as Mickey, Minnie–and you–embark on a wild ride to your favorite Disney destinations. See the world from the rooftops of London, travel to the sun-soaked Motunui, set off on a safari to the Pride Lands and play at a larger-than-life carnival with Woody and Forky. A fun-filled getaway jam-packed with unexpected hijinks and up-close character interactions!